Financial Analyst, Finance
Toronto – Job # 5437
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated self-starter with superior accounting knowledge, excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, to join our Finance team in Toronto. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Business Analysis & Strategy Development.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Responsible for daily/monthly P&L reporting, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis and providing commentaries;
- Perform various Account Reconciliations and posting Accounting entries;
- Manage, facilitate and coordinate specialized projects relating to financial planning and analysis, management reporting, and public reporting;
- Prepare monthly operating reports for management including development and analysis of performance metrics and review of budget variances;
- Prepare and maintain group budgets, forecasts, capital plans and cash flow projections;
- Work closely with senior management in Finance and various business units and auditors to provide financial insight and reports in connection with special projects and ad hoc analyses;
- Complete reports and projects in accordance with established policies and guidelines accurately, timely and efficiently;
- Proactively seek continuous enhancement in internal controls over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Be a key asset within the Finance team, with proficiency in excel, and various systems and applications;
- Ad-hoc analysis and support as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA/CFA holder or actively working towards an accounting designation preferred;
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Pont) skills are essential; Power BI and SQL knowledge will be an asset.
- 3+ years of experience in financial/accounting analysis in a large organization. Experience in a Finance/Accounting role at a broker-dealer firm will be preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- An effective ability to collect, organize, analyze and circulate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with all levels of the organization;
- Self-motivated with a focus on driving results and strong sense of accountability;
- Experience with Dataphile accounting software is an asset.