Lead Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources
Vancouver – Job #7073
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the team
At CG our people and culture are at the heart of our success. Our team is passionate about hiring great people and helps keep employees supported, growing, and learning, so they can perform to the best of their ability. If you are a seasoned Human Resources Business Partner who thrives on thinking outside of the box, delivering new solutions, and supporting exceptional manager and employee experiences, this is an exciting time to join our HR team - we are on a journey to modernize the way we work and lead strategies to elevate our People programs & initiatives.
About the role:
The Lead HR Business Partner will be responsible for working with Senior Leaders to understand the business, build strong and trusted relationships across the organization, and provide strategic support on all people related initiatives and issues. They will provide HR advice and expertise to Leaders in assigned business unit(s), in support of strategic and operational plans and needs. The individual will report to the Chief People Officer and lead a team of 2 HRBP’s. They will partner across teams both within the People function and outside to align People strategies with business strategies.
- Partner closely with HR Partners (Talent Management, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, People Analytics) in the development and implementation of business-specific strategies and approaches;
- Work with HR Services team to consider implications of business HR needs and figure out appropriate course of action on complex operational or subject matter-specific situations; communicate effectively to facilitate smooth processing of HR changes while providing continuous feedback to ensure iterative improvements;
- Consult, coach, and influence Business Leaders and Managers in all aspects of their team members’ employee lifecycle and help drive team effectiveness;
- Manage 2 HRBP’s by providing direction, guidance, and coaching on day-to-day activities and by ensuring the team is building positive relationships and credibility across all levels of the organization;
- Takes lead role on HR compliance matters such as coordination of pay equity filings, AODA, employment law & policy updates;
- Contribute to the execution of our team’s people strategy and projects;
- Support the delivery of key HR practices for assigned business group(s) including organizational planning & design, engagement analysis & strategies, succession planning, diversity & inclusion practices, talent acquisition, learning & development, performance management, and compensation;
- Lead all aspects of employee relations issues sensitively and effectively, by working with leaders, managers, and employment counsel as needed;
- Identify, problem solve and raise (as needed) organizational or employee matters in a strategic, fair, and thoughtful manner;
- Supports efforts to effectively manage & lead change;
- Drives continuous improvements.
To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
- A completed Bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years HRBP experience in a professional corporate environment;
- Knowledge of Workday a strong asset;
- Experience in Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets industries a strong asset;
- Action-oriented with a strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence;
- Ability to lead and drive multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced and complex environment;
- Good judgment with the ability to navigate sensitive situations appropriately under sometimes difficult circumstances;
- Ability to negotiate complex and confidential situations with confidence and efficiency;
- Passionate about coaching leaders and employees with strategic input and advice displaying an enthusiastic, client-service oriented, and hands-on approach;
- Strong leadership, relationship development, and influencing skills;
- Clear and compelling communication style;
- Knowledge of HR best practices, processes, policies as well as relevant employment standards and legislation;
- Ability to operate on both macro and micro issues;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.