Human Resources Operations Specialist, Human Resources
Toronto/Vancouver – Job #7072
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Human Resources Operations Specialist to join our Toronto or Vancouver based team. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Respond to general inquiries from employees and managers, in a timely fashion, to ensure HR processes and policies are adhered to;
- Work closely with the HR Team in Vancouver & Toronto;
- Monitor employees’ eligibility to work in Canada which requires diligent follow up, and liaise with external immigration counsel as required;
- Ensure that all employee deadlines are met, required paperwork is received and all communication to employees and managers is relayed in a timely manner;
- Enter high volume of data into HRIS with a high level of accuracy;
- Administer and process new hire, change/transfer, departure packages, compensation changes, vacation eligibility;
- Maintain and update HRIS to ensure information is accurate and up to date;
- Educate employees and managers on Canaccord Genuity’s HR policies & programs;
- Provide support in the implementation of various HR projects and initiatives;
- Assist with internal training initiatives, as required;
- Assist with the development and revision of HR policies and procedures, as required;
- Perform additional ad-hoc HR duties.
- 2-3 years of HR experience in a high-volume medium/large organization;
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of urgency, meet deadlines & work under pressure with excellent attention to detail;
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to multiple and competing priorities;
- Excellent ability to manage high volumes of information in an organized fashion;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work strategically;
- The ability to demonstrate confidentiality and discretion;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills;
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills;
- Strong team focus and the ability to work effectively both independently and, in a group, setting;
- Good knowledge of HR practices, policies, and legislation, with an understanding of confidentiality and protocol;
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems applications;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS (Workday experience an asset);
- Bilingual in French would be advantageous.