Desktop Systems/ Helpdesk Manager, IT
Toronto – Job # 5435
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
The Desktop Systems Manager will interact with internal and external client groups, including business stakeholders, management, IT specialists and vendors.
- Manage and lead a team of diversely skilled individuals located both in office and remotely;
- Oversee day to day operations and actively facilitate/manage any problem resolution efforts by the Desktop/Helpdesk team;
- Hands on engagement where required for problem resolution or project execution for Desktop/Support related items;
- Serve as an escalation point for Canadian Helpdesk/Desktop Support staff;
- Design, develop and implement the long term and short-term strategy for the Desktop Support team;
- Manage the development and implementation of the “Freshservice” ITSM tool within the firm;
- Manage the development, implementation and improvement of existing Helpdesk processes and functions across Canada;
- Work with the business to develop and foster relationships;
- Manage and occasionally participate in an IT support call queue (as required);
- Manage the On-call after-hours support;
- Work within IT Project teams; Lead all Desktop Support/Helpdesk project initiatives;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide first-level problem resolution for information systems services, including problem definition, research and resolution of complex situations;
- Provide employees and clients with support and instruction via e-mail, telephone, remotely and on-site for various software and hardware issues;
- Regularly, as required and along with other members of the team, participate in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts;
- Install computer hardware and software quickly in a high stress environment;
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC related problems involving Microsoft software and numerous 3rd party software applications in a distributed environment; (Windows XP,7,8,10 and MAC OS X 10.7-10.11.3);
- Maintain hardware and software inventory;
- Track and log all Help Desk service issues using the IT ticketing system.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Helpdesk role;
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange admin center, Microsoft Office 2010 -16, especially Excel; Office 365 CRM, along with Webmail, Citrix, RDP, Multifactor Identification and F5 environment an asset;
- Diploma in Technology, MCSE certification and CompTIA A+ Certified and proven experience required; Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certification;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment, with the ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at a time;
- Experience in reporting; producing various reports, key findings, conclusion and making recommendations is required;
- Quote services - Thomson ONE / Market Q / Capital IQ / FactSet experience is an asset.
- Experience with the following applications is also considered an asset: ADP Dataphile, Citrix MetaFrame, Maximizer, Salesforce, Azure
- Experience with using an IT ticketing system;
- Experience with remote support tools (GovernLAN, Ninja RMM);
- Mobile device knowledge and support an asset;
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff in a team environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle demanding workloads in a high stress environment;
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting abilities;
- Ability to train users effectively in both formal and informal settings.