Manager, Talent Acquisition
Toronto/Vancouver – Job #5433
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage, and investment banking services. We are the leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, tailored solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior outcomes for our clients. At CG we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the team:
At CG our people and culture are at the heart of our success. Our team is passionate about hiring great people and helps keep employees supported, growing, and learning, so they can perform to the best of their ability. If you are a seasoned and hands-on HR Leader who thrives on thinking outside of the box, delivering new solutions, and supporting exceptional employee experiences, this is an exciting time to join our HR team - we are on a journey to modernize the way we work and lead strategies to strengthen our People programs & initiatives.
About the role:
The Manager, Talent Acquisition will partner closely with the business and lead a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists to build and execute effective hiring strategies and market a recruitment brand that attracts top talent. They will continuously evolve our recruiting practices to ensure we are providing an exceptional candidate experience and contributing to the achievement of business objectives. They will also play a key role in leading and executing talent programs and projects such as onboarding, Diversity & Inclusion recruitment strategies, and the development of an on-campus presence with key educational institutions.
- Manage talent acquisition operations and oversee members of the Talent Acquisition team, including career development and coaching;
- Create and evolve talent acquisition strategies including the proactive creation of candidate pipelines for key roles;
- Manage full cycle recruitment activity for senior roles by advising hiring managers, representing our talent brand and online presence in the marketplace, and ensuring consistently positive candidate experiences;
- Oversee functional processes to ensure smooth execution and superior hiring manager experience;
- Build strong relationships across the business and with external stakeholders;
- Plan and attend networking events, campus career events, and in-house recruitment events;
- Contribute to projects such as the development of our EVP and implementation of Workday;
- Work collaboratively with our other HR Teams including Operations, HRBP’s, Analytics, and Total Rewards, as we evolve and develop our team.
- A completed Bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years Talent Acquisition experience in a professional corporate environment;
- Knowledge of Workday a strong asset;
- Experience in Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets industries a strong asset;
- Action-oriented with a strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence;
- Ability to lead and drive multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced and complex environment;
- Passionate about coaching leaders and employees with strategic input and advice displaying an enthusiastic, client-service oriented, and hands-on approach;
- Strong leadership, relationship development, and influencing skills;
- Clear and compelling communication style;
- Knowledge of relevant employment standards and legislation;
- Ability to operate on both macro and micro issues;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.