Database Administrator/Analyst, IT
Vancouver – Job #7418
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG)
is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Database Administrator/Analyst to join our IT Enterprise Development team based in Vancouver. Working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, this role will work directly with business units to envision and develop solutions such as data integration, automation of manual processes, data reconciliation, and administration of core data platform.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Based on a support schedule:
- Monitor overnight production data processes (ETL) on weeknights by responding to database-related alerts and escalations ;
- Provide database-related support on weekends as required ;
- Assist Business Analysts and Data Stewards on data inquiries and data analysis;
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Group in designing, building, operating, and optimizing the SQL environment in various regions;
- Own, track, and resolve database-related incidents within SLAs;
- Participate in the change management processes by communicating technical impacts of database changes;
- Manage security and access to databases;
- Develop enhancements and break-fixes to existing database processes;
- Provide assistance to project teams as assigned by the Manager.
- Completion of a recognized technical degree or program with focus on database administration and development;
- 2 to 5 years of database administration experience for MS SQL Server 2014/2016/2017/2019 and Azure SQL in a professional setting;
- Experience with ETL technologies and automation tools: Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or a similar ETL Tool, PowerShell Scripting, XML, JSON;
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and Logic Apps is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of Oracle is an asset;
- Strong experience in database performance tuning, optimization, and analysis of MS SQL processes and queries;
- Thorough understanding of database performance monitoring and analysis tools;
- Competency in database server specification, performance tuning and analysis;
- Strong experience in database disaster recovery planning and recovery;
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex database administration problems;
- Ability to work with developers to analyze and resolve database performance issues;
- Team-player, flexible and able to work independently in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong time management skills, detail-oriented with the ability to manage tasks with varying priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.