Human Resources Business Partner
Toronto – Job #5423
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG)
is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage, and investment banking services. We are the leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, tailored solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior outcomes for our clients. At CG we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the team:
At CG our people and culture are at the heart of our success. Our team is passionate about hiring great people and helps keep employees supported, growing, and learning, so they can perform to the best of their ability. If you are a seasoned and hands-on HR Leader who thrives on thinking outside of the box, delivering new solutions, and supporting exceptional employee experiences, this is an exciting time to join our HR team - we are on a journey to modernize the way we work and lead strategies to strengthen our People programs & initiatives.
About the role:
The HR Business Partner will cultivate a strong relationship with business leaders and employees and an understanding of business priorities to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, they will own the implementation of programs and collaborate closely with the broader HR team. They will use their creative thinking and flexibility to proactively provide business leaders with recommendations in the areas of performance consulting, employee relations, and the overall employee experience.
- Partner with our colleagues across our HR function and the firm to help build and oversee a strategy to attract, retain and develop our people;
- Ideate programs and initiatives that will promote CG’s core culture, values, and engagement tailored for relevant business units and cohorts;
- Use sound judgement, people and business acumen, and practical experience to support the development and implementation of initiatives, programs, and policies and to influence new work processes and approaches;
- Play a leadership role to recognize barriers and drive proactive solutions that support building a high- performance environment with a focus on coaching and mentoring leaders on employee relations, engagement, talent reviews, career development, performance consulting, and building a talent pipeline for our people to be successful;
- Recommend creative solutions to complex situations;
- Build high trust and impactful relationships with employees and leaders at all levels;
- Help evolve our team structure and lead the development of our HR Business Partner model;
- Promote and support training on our Diversity and Belonging initiatives;
- Lead People agenda with the business, leveraging relationships and HR expertise to deploy HR programs, communicate policies and procedures, reinforce values, and ensure alignment between business priorities and HR programs;
- Utilize a wide range of HR data to identify themes and trends and recommend effective HR strategies to deliver value-added counsel to managers through regular meetings;
- Take a hands-on approach to driving an exceptional employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle including the recruitment and offer process, onboarding, development, and exit interviews;
- Work with leadership team to ensure programs and priorities are communicated and cascaded through the organization.
To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations;
- A completed Bachelors degree;
- 5+ years HR leadership and/or Business Partner Experience with strong functional HR expertise.
- Knowledge of Workday is a strong asset;
- Experience in Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets industries is a strong asset;
- Action-oriented with a strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence;
- Ability to lead and drive multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced and complex environment which requires navigating ambiguity;
- Passionate about coaching leaders and employees with strategic input and advice displaying an enthusiastic, client-service oriented, and hands-on approach;
- Strong leadership, relationship development, and influencing skills while ensuring a collaborative approach;
- Clear and compelling communication style;
- Knowledge of relevant employment standards and legislation;
- Ability to operate on both macro and micro issues;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.