Associate, Market Analyst, Cash Management Group
Vancouver, BC - Job # 7060
The Cash Management Group at Canaccord Genuity is looking for an Associate, Market Analyst to join our high-performing team of finance professionals. We manage over $5 billion in client assets and employ like-minded individuals who display grit, integrity, hard work, and an ability to think outside the box.
Working closely with a team of 20+ finance professionals you will be a part of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. You need to have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a sharp attention to detail to succeed in this role. This is a full-time, in-person position out of our downtown Vancouver office.
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
The Company has offices in 10 countries worldwide, including Wealth Management offices located in Canada, Australia, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in Canada, the US, the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong, China, Australia and Dubai. We are driven by your success.™
Skills & Qualifications
- Analyze economic and financial data, market trends, and industry reports
- Write regular market commentaries about the financial markets
- Use of financial resources such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ and news sources to provide insights
- Assist the Marketing, Institutional and Private Wealth teams with content creation and producing weekly and timely financial market material
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks as required.
- An undergraduate degree or higher level of education;
- Strong financial experience and knowledge (ie. experience gathering quantitative & qualitative data, presenting high-level points to a large audience, etc.);
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial industry;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills, both in-person and on-camera;
- Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Adaptability to work in a constantly changing and highly demanding environment;
- Previous experience using Bloomberg terminal, Excel, Capital IQ, and other financial software considered a strong asset;
What we have to offer
- Competitive salary and potential for bonuses;
- Competitive benefits package including Medical / Dental coverage;
- Canaccord Genuity’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan;
- The Cash Management Group provides RRSP matching and other benefits including: weekly catered lunches, health & wellness perks, fun team events, and daily healthy snacks.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are requested to send a resume and cover letter quoting the position to email@example.com and your LinkedIn profile URL.