Associate, Business Development - Wealth Management
Vancouver - Job # 7058
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a self-motivated and energetic individual to join our Wealth Management team in Vancouver. The successful incumbent will be supporting an established Wealth Management team. They must be driven, professional, resourceful, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
This is a part-time position.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Perform outgoing sales calls (cold and warm calls) aimed at identifying and qualifying potential investors;
- Prepare e-mail and general mail outs to clients and prospects including tracked email marketing;
- Organize and maintain a database of prospects;
- Previous telemarketing and/or sales experience preferred;
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specific to Investment Management and Stock Market Knowledge;
- Personable and outgoing with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Demonstrated interest in investment products and aspects of retail wealth management.