Senior Business Analyst, Operations
Vancouver – Job # 7057
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, this BA role will work on change initiatives that are key for improving processes and systems that support Canaccord Genuity’s business growth and improve the services from our Operations group.
This role requires a dynamic detail-oriented individual who is highly skilled in elicitation of business requirements along with working through the planning, design, testing and implementation stages of system changes working with internal business stakeholders, IT specialists and third party vendors.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Work with the key stakeholders of the business area to develop a solid knowledge base of their business services products and processes;
- Investigate, analyze and document business process and system change requirements;
- Perform workflow analysis that identifies change improvement solutions;
- Ensure priorities are identified and the information system opportunities and/or needs of the business unit are clearly documented and put forward for approval in an orderly and timely manner;
- Interface with external vendors and the IT development team ensuring the detailed business requirements to support development are communicated clearly between the developer and end user;
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use cases or user stories;
- Prepare test plans and document test scripts for validating that developed solutions accurately address identified requirements;
- Participate in project delivery; including testing, training, defining and documenting procedures/policies ensuring successful system and process change implementations.
- Preferably has three or more years of business analysis experience in the financial investment industry;
- Ideally possesses working knowledge of Operational teams supporting both a Capital Markets and Wealth Management brokerage entity;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required;
- Mature, highly motivated and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strength with Microsoft Desktop products with an Advanced Level Excel skillset;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment, with the ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at a time;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines;
- Must be able to work effectively on team projects;
- Possess post-secondary education/certification in business related and technical disciplines;
- Preference to have experience with Dataphile Software Applications and a strong knowledge of corporate reporting (Executive or Enterprise Information Systems, Power BI applications and an understanding of SQL queries is an asset) and/or a good working knowledge of CDS and DTC.