Investment Advisor Assistant (Licensed)
Edmonton – Job #4123
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an energetic, detailed oriented and organized individual to join our Wealth Management team in Edmonton. The successful candidate’s role will support one or two Portfolio Managers in establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
Preference will be given toward any candidates with a keen interest in wealth management and a willingness to grow with CGWM and the Portfolio Manager team(s), potentially to other roles, such as Investment Advisor Associate, or Business Development Associate. This is a role in which you would be expected to continually improve your skills and education.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working directly with a Portfolio Manager where the focus is on growing the wealth management business, with a particular focus on discretionary portfolio management;
- Assist with processing and confirming client transactions;
- Deal directly with all clients, provide quotes and execute trading orders;
- Maintain account lists and compile statistical information and reports;
- Process and follow-up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts;
- Assist with servicing existing clients;
- Involvement in developing the wealth business using various marketing initiatives;
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
- Completion of CSC, CPH and licensed with IIROC required (or working towards);
- Preference to candidates with 1-3 years of related experience, with a well-rounded knowledge of the securities industry;
- A university degree/diploma, with a background in marketing, finance, or information systems would be a major asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail;
- Adaptability and willingness to use social media software and applications an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, take initiatives and multi-task;
- Ability to work independently, and effectively with employees and clients at all levels;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills: good working knowledge of MS Office programs and ability to learn and become proficient at new software;
- Prior experience with Dataphile and Salesforce are assets. Preference and bonus compensation will be given to a candidate who is (or can become) proficient with Salesforce Lightning and can leverage it to create efficiencies in the business.