Business Systems Analyst - IT
Toronto – Job #7417
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
The Technical Analyst will interact with internal and external client groups, including business stakeholders, management, IT specialists and vendors. This role will have a special focus on API development and implementation and requires a high degree of collaboration while working on concurrent change initiatives. Strong competencies are needed in all stages of business analysis; including project management from the investigation of business requirements to the successful implementation of system and process changes.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Facilitate the management, growth and testing of API based automation;
- Work with business sponsors to capture and identify opportunities for process improvements;
- Identify and document problem statements, impact assessments, success factors, constraints and potential risks associated with the initiation of a project;
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, task and workflow analysis;
- Write requirements specifications for internal and external development teams; utilizing standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly and concisely;
- Perform requirements analysis and verification to ensure requirement statements are complete, consistent, traceable, feasible, verifiable and that they conform to standards;
- Coordinate requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the documented requirements will meet the business needs and achieve the identified objectives;
- Prepare test plans and document test scripts for validating that developed solutions accurately address identified requirements;
- Create and maintain system documentation, including operations manuals, service level agreements, and team knowledge bases;
- Capture and document operation’s transition plans for post-implementation of a solution;
- Become familiar with various Canaccord Genuity business unit processes and applications for the purpose of providing recommendations of potential improvements and/or provide assistance to IT Operations with application issue resolution;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years of business analysis experience in the financial services industry;
- Post-secondary education/certification in business-related and technical disciplines;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Experience working with APIs;
- Experience with Postman preferred;
- High proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment, with the ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at a time;
- Software development background is an asset;
- Experience with Dataphile an asset.