Third Party Vendor Risk Management Analyst, Risk Management
Toronto/Vancouver – Job #5416
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Third Party Vendor Risk Management Analyst to join our Risk Management team. The role will work closely with the Information Technology group and Cyber Security.
This position will report to the VP of Risk Management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Manage and assist with day-to-day Third Party Resilience related processes and projects including business resilience assessments and contingency / exit planning;
- Mature and evolve Third Party resilience program in alignment with strategic guidance from leadership and regulatory expectations;
- Participate and lead as appropriate, the planning and execution of the business;
- Resilience framework for Financial Market Infrastructure Providers;
- Track and manage outstanding and aging issues and provide regular updates including issue reports and metrics to senior stakeholders;
- Produce reports and communication artefacts for working groups and steering committees;
- Assist in writing and updating internal policies and procedures related to Third Party Resilience
- Collaborate with business representatives and other internal stakeholders such as Third Party Program Management and Operational Risk to manage deliverables and enhance processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in program and project management;
- 3-5 years of Supplier / Vendor Risk Management experience;
- Degree level education in relevant fields: Economics, Risk Management
- Analytical skills with the ability to think logically and critically;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Proven ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines;
- Strong initiative and proactive attitude in approach to work;
- Strong desire to learn about financial services industry, particularly technology and operations functions which support the business;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Experience working for a globally distributed organization is a plus;
- Experience in Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery and Supplier / Vendor Risk Management is a plus;
- Experience working in the financial sector is a plus.