Intern (4-month contract), Research
Toronto – Job # 5412
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
We are currently seeking a dynamic student with a passion for public markets to join the Toronto equity research team for a fall internship / co-op placement. The successful candidate will be exposed to all aspects of equity research with a view to expanding their existing financial modelling, writing and presentation skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Conduct company, industry and macro analysis;
- Generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases;
- Assist in the writing of research reports;
- Miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student studying business, finance or accounting;
- Solid understanding of financial statements and their interaction;
- Solid understanding of financial modeling and valuation analysis;
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets;
- Superior / Advanced Excel skills (must be proficient with Pivot Tables and V-Lookup; VBA an asset);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining very strong attention to detail;
- Previous experience in equity research, investment banking or private equity an asset;
- Willingness to work long hours under deadline pressure and to show initiative.