Vice President or Director, Mergers & Acquisitions, Investment Banking
Toronto – Job # 5412
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Overview of Role:
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Vice President or Director, M&A who will be a critical member of our high-performing, entrepreneurial team. They will collaborate with appropriate in-house departments to identify, build, oversee and complete transactions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Responsible for idea generation, sourcing, executing and closing all different forms of M&A transactions, including the day-to-day management of all facets of the transaction, as well as corresponding client relationships;
- Lead and oversee complex financial modeling, valuation and other analyses and provide corresponding recommendations to internal and client stakeholders;
- Play a key role in the execution of client transactions including acting as the central point of contact for the deal team and client team members as appropriate throughout a transaction;
- Maintain responsibility for the overall information and communication flow on deal teams;
- Forge, build and maintain long-term client relationships in the context of providing high quality, independent M&A advisory services alongside dedicated sector expertise;
- Applies analytical thinking to creatively address ambiguous situations to determine solutions;
- Reinforce and expand on the firm’s existing strengths;
- Builds positive client relations at all levels through deep/comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment of our services.
- Proven self-starter with a team-first mentality and a track record of successfully leading and mentoring junior bankers
- 6– 8 years of M&A investment banking experience is highly preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to succinctly communicate the results and implications of complex analyses to internal and client representatives.
- Problem solving and negotiation skills with data driven decision-making;
- Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills in order to develop, manage and leverage relationships with clients, and internal and/or external business partners.
- Ability to advise client effectively with working knowledge of all related securities rules and regulatory requirements.
- Ethics, professionalism, and proven ability to practice strong independent judgement when making business decisions.