Technician, HelpDesk, IT
Vancouver – Job # 5406
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a skilled support individual who is self-directed and can work well within a team environment. This role is required to work after hours and on weekends frequently and on a five-week rotation schedule. Role hours are as early as 7:00 AM. Asset management will be a major responsibility for this position.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide first-level problem resolution for information systems services, including problem definition, research and resolution of complex situations;
- Provide employees and clients with support and instruction via e-mail, telephone, remotely and on-site for various software and hardware issues;
- Regularly, as required and along with other members of the team, participate in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts;
- Install computer hardware and software quickly in a high stress environment;
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC related problems involving Microsoft software and numerous 3rd party software applications in a distributed environment; (Windows XP,7,8,10 and MAC OS X 10.7-10.11.3);
- Maintain hardware and software inventory;
- Track and log all Help Desk service issues using the IT ticketing system;
- Participate in an IT support call queue;
- On-call after-hours support;
- Working within IT Project teams; sometimes leading small IT project initiatives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Help Desk role is an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7&10 Operating Systems, proficiency with Windows 8 and Macintosh OS required; MS O365 experience is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange admin center, Microsoft Office 2010 -16, especially Excel; Office 365 CRM, along with Webmail, Citrix, RDP, Multifactor Identification and F5 environment an asset;
- Diploma in Technology, MCSE certification and CompTIA A+ Certified and proven experience required; Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certification.
- 2+ years’ experience in scripting is required;
- Experience in reporting; producing various reports, key findings, conclusion and making recommendations is required;
- Quote services - Thomson ONE / Market Q / Capital IQ / FactSet experience required;
- Experience with the following applications is also considered an asset:
- ADP Dataphile
- Advent & Moxy
- Citrix MetaFrame
- Experience with using an IT ticketing system;
- Experience with remote support tools (GovernLAN, Ninja RMM);
- Mobile device knowledge and support an asset;
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff in a team environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle demanding workloads in a high stress environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required;
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting abilities;
- Capable of installing computer hardware/software, quickly and efficiently;
- Ability to lift computer hardware, fax machines and network printers;
- Ability to take initiative, with demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to train users effectively in both formal and informal settings.