Vice President, Investment & Advisory Solutions, Wealth Management
Toronto, Job # 5411
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Perform analysis of in-house equity research and external research daily;
- Investigate and develop investment strategies using multi-disciplinary approaches (quantitative, technical, fundamentals);
- Attend Equity Research conference calls for exposure and take Minutes when appropriate;
- Attend Company marketing meetings and produce commentary;
- Create company specific and industry overviews daily;
- Responsible for overseeing Canaccord Genuity’s morning research report highlighting investment strategies, stock analysis, and global market update;
- Work closely with Managing Director and Portfolio Manager in managing $300 million across multiple mandates – Canada, United States and North America;
- Update portfolio holdings across different platforms;
- Conduct regular administrative duties for team’s portfolios (update decks, positionings, etc.);
- Coordinate, communicate, and work closely with senior individuals across various groups.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in Capital Markets, Portfolio Management and / or Business;
- Solid understanding of Capital Markets and various asset classes; deep knowledge of investment products across the equities and fixed-income landscape;
- University degree in relevant business related fields;
- Candidate ideally actively pursuing the CFA is an asset not a requirement;
- Direct experience with and a solid understanding of financial modeling and valuation analysis;
- Market knowledge with portfolio management experience an asset, but not required;
- Superior Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to write well is a must-have;
- Ability to summarize research reports and identify key ideas in the overall investment thesis;
- Highly motivated with the ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team;
- Strong verbal communication skills and comfort engaging all levels of firm management;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure;
- Attention to detail a must-have;
- Problem solving and sound judgment skills with the ability to exercise tact and discretion are essential.