Talent Acquisition Specialist – Human Resources
Toronto – Job # 7044
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic Talent Specialist to join their team. The Talent Specialist’s key goal is to promote an environment that reflects Canaccord Genuity’s core values and helps attract talent to our organization.
As the Talent Specialist, you will report to the Head of Talent Acquisition team and work closely with the Human Resources team both in Toronto and Vancouver. The talent team is responsible for overseeing the full cycle recruitment process across our Canadian offices. You will provide support to Hiring Managers while also managing the candidate experience. We are seeking a candidate who has exceptional communication and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Execute the full-cycle recruitment: job postings, screening, phone screens, interview scheduling, and participation, background checks, references according to Canaccord Genuity standards;
- Partner with Hiring Managers to compose/update job postings and post jobs on a variety of platforms;
- Manage candidate pipeline via Applicant Tracking System (CATS/ Workday) ensuring data remains accurate and up to date;
- Coordinate appropriate technical assessments, as required;
- Contribute strategic ideas regarding sourcing candidates, marketing, and assessment tools;
- Track and maintain necessary data to support candidate recommendations, summaries, and debriefs;
- Prepare, deliver, and follow up on approved offer letters and onboarding documents;
- Develop and manage relationships with external staffing agencies, post-secondary institutions, industry associations, internal client groups, and the extended HR team;
- Stay current on the organization’s structure, policies, and legislation regarding employment practices;
- Partner with the HR Advisors to support current and future business needs; develop and implement recruitment strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business requirements;
- Assist with special HR projects as required.
- Prior work experience in a talent acquisition role (3-5 years minimum) ideally within the financial services industry;
- HR Diploma or bachelor’s degree in a related field an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with an understanding of confidentiality.
- Fluency in the French language is an asset;
- Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook); with the ability and willingness to learn new applications.