Business Data Architect, IT
Vancouver – Job #7040
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Business Data Architect to join their IT Enterprise Data Management team. Reporting to the Team Lead, Data Architecture, the Business Data Architect plays an integral role in the development of Canaccord Genuity’s enterprise-wide technology strategy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide expert judgment and analysis for the architecture, design, development, and implementation of different types of data solutions including integration, migration, reporting, data warehousing, and application data layers;
- Work on a daily basis with colleagues in different areas of the business. Develop a good understanding of the business context of the solutions we provide, and be able to identify opportunities for data solutions;
- Take an active role in database development, both through hands-on development and by providing requirements and guidance to the Database Developers;
- Promote strategies, plans, and architectural guidelines for establishing a quality, integrated data environment across the different Canaccord Genuity platforms globally;
- Keep up to date on new data technologies and evaluate their suitability for both future projects and for modernizing existing architecture;
- Partner with Business Analysts to gather business, data and reporting requirements and translate the business needs into logical and physical data structures;
- Analyze data-related business problems and propose solutions;
- Provide a positive experience of data services and support being delivered to customers and business stakeholders;
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, and prevent data issues.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in this field;
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in a related field (Information Technology, Engineering);
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft data technologies including SQL Server, TSQL, SQL Azure, SSIS, Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, SSRS, PowerBI, SSAS, Excel;
- Strong technical skills in data modeling, process modeling, and relational and dimensional database design;
- Proven knowledge of structured methodologies and data modeling standards, guidelines and best practices;
- Knowledge of the financial markets and specifically around Brokerage an asset;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.