Network Analyst, IT
Toronto – Job # 5404
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Network Analyst to join our Network team based in Vancouver. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management of our network to ensure stability and reliability. The role will require close collaboration with all teams within IT to plan for the expansion, decommissioning and enhancing our cyber security posture of our network.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Support the networking environment by maintaining system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards;
- Implement new solutions and improve the resilience of the current environment;
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization;
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide-area environments using information from multiple sources;
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access;
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy;
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects;
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases;
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls.
- Have solid understanding of networking technologies, mainly Cisco based networks, CCNA, preferably CCNP certification would be an asset:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in supporting enterprise networks,
Be able to troubleshoot and resolve common issues related to routing and switching in enterprise networks,
Be able to perform network related tasks with the use of Cisco CLI
- Be able to work with hardware, replace faulty components in Cisco routers and switches
- Assist with deploying new gear
- Be able to work and manage cabling in computer rooms or wiring closets, know how to use network testing tools,
- Have basic knowledge of firewall management systems.
- Be able to modify access control rules
- Be able to review logs and troubleshoot connectivity issues,
- Have good knowledge of TCP/IP stack. Know how to troubleshoot connectivity issues with Wireshark
- Have good knowledge of Wifi technologies and be able to support them in enterprise environment. Good knowledge of
- Aruba networks will be an asset.
- Know how to use network monitoring software, (E.g Solarwinds)
- Have strong communication skills and be able to interact with IT team across the organization.
- Be proactive and be able to put proposals to improve and optimize network and security infrastructure.