HR Coordinator, Human Resources
Toronto – Job #5401
Who We Are
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage, and investment banking services. We are the leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, tailored solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior outcomes for our clients. At CG we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
We are seeking an HR coordinator with outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The individual will play a critical role providing administrative support for our CPO, Head of Talent Acquisition as well as our Head of Talent Management & Senior HRBP.
The HR coordinator will be expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and time management skills. You will have excellent administrative and IT skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, the HR coordinator will need to display strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships. Top candidates will be effective at scheduling and thorough in supporting the recruitment process or any HR projects.
- Coordinate monthly HR newsletters and other communications
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, screening them, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Involved in the onboarding journey and the updating of records of new staff.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Assist with HR projects: implementation of new processes, analysing some policies, etc.
- Support other assigned task that leaders in HR department will need help with.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related.
- 2 years of experience as an HR coordinator (essential).
- Effective HR administration and people skills.
- understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability with email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bilingualism will be a plus