Business Systems Analyst, IT Application Support
Vancouver - Job #7038
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
The Business Systems Analyst role is a key role that will work closely with the various IT teams, business units, and third-party vendors to manage enhancements with focused responsibility on information technology support and project work. This will require an ability to manage, analyze and synthesize complex system requirements and work with a diverse group of business users and IT team members to develop, implement and support solutions.
This position reports directly to the Manager, IT Application Support, and the successful candidate must be flexible to work after-hours and weekends at times; especially during production release deployments.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinate second-level triage for production incidents, including technical analysis and application troubleshooting with the immediate team and other support groups;
- Work with Back Office stakeholders and IT team members to complete current state analysis and business process redesign;
- Interface with vendors by providing detailed business and functional requirements, and or details of a reported application issue for troubleshooting purposes;
- Liaise with business groups and other IT teams in capturing requirement change requests, identifying business / technical impacts and managing client expectations;
- Lead in testing of system changes and coordinate User Acceptance Testing by creating and executing Test Plans;
- Assist in coordinating system releases to the production environment;
- Perform post-production deployment testing;
- Actively participate in daily change advisory board meetings;
- Create and maintain system documentation, including operations manuals and team knowledge bases;
- Exercise and promote service transition and operations best practices;
- Build ad-hoc reports and data extracts using SQL;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a technical or business field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a business systems analyst role or other relevant field;
- Ability to organize and document system requirements;
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of practical uses of technology to solve business problems;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail;
- Projects a mature, professional and optimistic attitude;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with moderate supervision;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to set and commit to multiple deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs;
- Good understanding of quality assurance and testing methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server database with the ability to build queries and analyze raw data;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the XML, HTML;
- Experience with Dataphile preferred;
- General understanding of the finance/brokerage industry an asset.