Pega System Architect / Developer, IT
Vancouver – Job # 5400
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Pega System Architect/ Developer to join our team based in Vancouver.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Design, develop and test solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring successful delivery of new projects using a low-code platform;
- Provide technical support on incidents escalated from Help Desk and provide appropriate workaround;
- Assist business Systems Analysts in creating functional specifications, application data analysis, and technical feasibility assessments as required;
- Collaborate with other IT groups and application owners in identifying root cause of problems and their resolution;
- Research and experiment with new technologies and disseminate knowledge to other developers and analysts.
- Experience with low-code development tools, such as Pega (preferred), Appian, MS PowerApps, Outsystems or similar;
- Familiarity with web application security, identity management, application authorization, single sign-on methods and software security best practices;
- Software development training or experience, preferably using Java or a similar object-oriented language;
- Knowledge of collaboration tools and methodologies such as Teams, Slack, JIRA, Git, TFS, Scrum/Agile;
- Experience with software application design and architecture including web application design, cloud services and public API design;
- Demonstrated superior analytical, problem solving and judgement;
- Ability to learn and quickly comprehend new technical and business concepts;
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Experience with office automation or RPA tools is a plus;
- Preferred knowledge of Pega Systems environment, especially Dev Studio and App Studio.