Total Rewards Manager, Human Resources
Toronto – Job #5398
Who We Are
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage, and investment banking services. We are the leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, tailored solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior outcomes for our clients. At CG we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the Team
At CG our people and culture are at the heart of our success. Our team is passionate about hiring and retaining great people and helps keep employees supported and growing so they can thrive and contribute to the best of their ability. If you are a seasoned and hands-on Total Rewards & Wellbeing Leader who thrives on partnering with business leaders, delivering new solutions, and enabling employees to feel supported and rewarded, this is an exciting time to join our HR team - we are on a journey to modernize the way we work and lead strategies to strengthen our People programs & initiatives.
About the Role
The Total Rewards Manager will report directly to the Chief People Officer and lead the development and management of our total rewards and wellbeing strategies, programs, and processes. This will include working with business leadership and HR colleagues to share analysis and market findings as well as gathering input for the development of salary and incentive structure that aligns with business objectives. You will take a hands-on approach in creating and elevating reward and wellbeing programs that deliver clearly communicated compensation, benefits, and programs to all employees. By developing effective and engaging programs and policies, you will play a critical role towards achieving part of CG’s People Vision of attracting and retaining top talent.
- Develop and formalize all Total Rewards programs while remaining aligned with the firm’s philosophy and ensuring a competitive and equitable approach
- Lead external benchmarking for job grading, salary setting, incentive compensation, benefits, and other programs and rewards including gathering data and conducting analysis
- Define & manage compensation policies and processes, including the development and maintenance of salary ranges and incentive guidelines
- Maintain subject matter expertise and keep abreast of market developments and trends
- Ensure roles, responsibilities, performance, and tenure are aligned with the compensation plans
- Partner with business leadership and HR colleagues to determine bonus and other variable compensation eligibility and the appropriate ranges
- Develop a range of competitive benefits, rewards, and recognition programs and ensure they are well communicated on a continuous basis
- Develop and drive a wellbeing strategy including programming
- Make compensation recommendations for new roles, recruitment, promotions, and other
- Lead the annual compensation cycle including sharing market data, analyzing internal data, and presenting recommendations
- Oversee management of benefits programs including making recommendations, exploring new benefits, leading reviews, and ensuring consideration of overall governance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with benefits vendors and consultants to ensure we are managing costs while offering high-quality programs and processes and remaining competitive
- Design and implement a comprehensive wellbeing strategy including programming & communication
- To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
- A completed Bachelors’ degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience including compensation, benefits, and wellbeing
- A strong passion for enhancing the employee experience and linking rewards to business strategy
- Motivated by the opportunity to build programs from the ground up coupled with innovative thinking to achieve this
- Comfortable with ambiguity and open-minded
- Experience in Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets industries a strong asset
- Action-oriented with a strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence
- Ability to lead and drive multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced and complex environment
- Passionate about being a trusted advisor and partner providing strategic input and advice and displaying an enthusiastic, client-service oriented, and hands-on approach
- Strong leadership, relationship development, and influencing skills
- Clear and compelling communication style and desire to champion programs & strategies
- Knowledge of relevant employment standards and legislation
- Ability to operate on both macro and micro issues
- Thorough analytical skills with the ability to develop action plans & recommendations
- Intermediate + with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with Workday an asset