Senior Wealth Advisor, Stenner Wealth Partners+
Vancouver, BC – Job #7019
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Stenner Wealth Partners+
Stenner Wealth Partners+ is an award-winning, highly sophisticated investment office offering boutique client service with a global perspective. SWP+ maintains international client relationships across both Canada and the United States. As a top-performing Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management team, SWP+ is a North American advisory team with Canada’s largest independent wealth management firm. Our full-service client experience model is delivered by a dedicated team of experienced investment consultants and portfolio managers who deliver long-term performance aligned with our clients’ unique life goals and objectives.
SWP+ clients range in net worth from $25M CAD to $2B+. Our team typically engages with clients whom have a net worth of at least $25M and have a minimum $10M CAD invested with our team. SWP+ has a national practice with clients from Coast to Coast in Canada. We also have select clients in the United States such as California, New York, and Florida. Our team is based in Vancouver with other corporate offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton.
SWP+ Team Goals:
High performance. Our team wants to be the very best in the industry in Canada. We are looking to triple our business over the next 10 years meaning there is lots of opportunity to grow career-wise and opportunity for the successful candidate’s personal compensation to grow - subject to job performance. Possibility of team partnership track in the role dependent on job performance within the team over the next 5-10 years.
Our team culture is one of mutual respect, a positive, winning mentality for growth, and a high work ethic. Our team members are driven to be on one of Canada’s top wealth management teams. A successful candidate for this position will always be willing to learn and is focused on achieving the highest level of client service and dedication. A high attention to detail is required and the priority of the role will be to focus on protecting a growing pool of client capital over multiple generations.
Team website: www.stennerwealthpartners.com
Team e-mail: SWP@CGF.com
Team LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/stenner-wealth-partners
Responsibilities: (Time Allotted %):
Skills & Qualifications:
- Business Development and Client Relationship Management (40%);
- Management of client onboarding process from origination to onboarding and regular client servicing
- Support the team’s senior advisors on onboarding new client relationships
- Screening incoming prospect calls for strict team criteria of new clients
- Team is strict on quality over quantity for its new client onboarding
- Regular Client Portfolio Reviews (15%);
- Conduct client portfolio reviews and present sophisticated investment solutions
- Monthly progress reports to senior team management
- Regular client and prospect communication
- Clear, articulate, communication to clients and prospects via e-mail, video conference, and phone calls
- Presentation of Investment Strategies (35%);
- Present potentially profitable investment opportunities to clients
- Able to respond to client market enquiries effectively
- Well-balanced reviews of client investment opportunities
- Investment Due Diligence with SWP+ Analyst Team (10%);
- Sourcing of investment ideas and effective presentation of their potential to the Investment Committee.
- Fully fluent in English;
- Proficiency in other languages a plus
- Able to legally work in Canada;
- 5-10 years experience in the financial services industry;
- Wealth Management, Business Development, Banking, Corporate Finance, Accounting, or similar
- CFA, CFP, CPA, MBA, CIM, or similar professional designation;
- IIROC-licensed as a Registered Representative;
- Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course
- Portfolio Manager designation an asset
- Experience with Investment Banking an asset;
- Must be client-focused and results-driven;
- Relationship-focused position for individuals with a robust personality keen on networking;
- Must work effectively in a team environment to jointly service clients;
- Wants to work within a winning team culture which is striving for excellence
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams within the firm;
- Authentic, Competent, and Trustworthy;
- A sense of humour and a positive, life-long learner attitude;
- High attention to detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and SalesForce CRM software;
- Familiarity with Dataphile, Thomson One, Bloomberg, and EnvestNet portfolio management software a benefit;
- Wants to advance your own career by dealing with some of Canada’s most successful investors and entrepreneurs as part of one of the top performing, award winning wealth management teams in Canada.
Annual Compensation Range:
- Located in Vancouver or Toronto
- Or willing to relocate to either location
- Preference given to Vancouver-based candidates
- Hybrid in-person and remote weekly work schedule
- Diversity is a key factor
- Looking for someone with a unique background from both a life and career perspective
- Start Date: As soon as reasonable
- After proceeding through a thorough and 100% confidential interview process
$150,000 - $200,000 depending on experience/credentials