Database Developer/Analyst, IT
Vancouver – Job #7017
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Database Developer/Analyst to join our IT Enterprise Development team based in Vancouver. Working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, this role will work directly with business units to envision and develop solutions such as data integration, automation of manual processes, data reconciliation, and creation of reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Analyze data-related business problems and propose solutions;
- Design and develop database components for small/medium to large sized projects;
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues;
- Develop a deep understanding of business processes;
- Provide a positive experience of IT services and support being delivered to customers and business stakeholders;
- Participate in the change management process by communicating technical impacts of changes;
- Provide assistance to project teams as required.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a similar program with database administration and development experience;
- 3-5 years of related experience working in a complex environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience using Azure SQL/MI and SQL Server 2014/2016/2017;
- Strong T-SQL development skills;
- ETL development using SSIS (Azure Data Factory & LogicApps is an asset);
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS, Power BI is a plus;
- An understanding of brokerage accounting is a strong asset;
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and infrastructure is an asset;
- Excellent system analysis and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment;
- Effective interpersonal skills.