Business Development Associate (6 months contract), Wealth Management
Waterloo - Job # 5337
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated, proactive individual who is passionate about business development with a background in Finance to join our Wealth Management team in Waterloo. The successful candidate will be supporting an established investment advisory and portfolio management team.
This a full time, 6-month contractual role with a possibility of extension.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Perform outgoing sales calls (cold and warm calls) aimed at identifying and qualifying potential investors;
- Prepare e-mail and general mail outs to clients and prospects including tracked email marketing;
- Organize and maintain a database of prospects;
- Contact prospects to determine interest in receiving literature on selected investment products;
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of a diploma or degree in finance or business field is required;
- Knowledge of the Financial Industry and understanding of brokerage accounting is required;
- Experience within the banking and or brokerage industry would be an asset;
- Willingness to complete CSC and licensing with IIROC;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent IT & computer skills, knowledge in making basic website updates not essential but would be an asset;
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Demonstrated interest in business development, investment products, with previous similar work experience an asset.
We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.