Application Systems Analyst - IT
Vancouver – Job # 7012
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Application Systems Analyst to join our team. The Application Systems Analyst will be part of the IT Application Support team responsible for providing application support and administration services on key financial applications.
The hours for this role range from 5:00 am – 1:00 pm PST, 6:00 am – 2:00 pm PST or 7:00 am – 3:00 pm PST and the candidate must be flexible to work after hours and/or on weekends as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide help desk support for financial applications;
- Conduct technical analysis and application troubleshooting;
- Perform system administration and system configuration;
- Execute operational tasks;
- Build ad-hoc reports, create and maintain team’s operational documentation;
- Facilitate user training;
- Perform user acceptance and post-production deployment testing;
- Assist in coordinating system releases to the production environment;
- Liaise with internal groups and external vendors on production incidents and other service requests.
- 3+ years of Dataphile and/or brokerage/financial experience;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good technical aptitude with a good knowledge of integration of applications, databases, networks, and security;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle many simultaneous tasks;
- Ability to create system documentation;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs;
- Ability to grasp technical and business concepts quickly;
- Proficient with MS Office applications;
- Good working knowledge of SQL database and queries an asset.