Transfers Administrator, Transfers
Vancouver – Job # 7011
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Intermediate or Senior Transfers Administrator to join our Transfers Department in Vancouver or in Toronto. This is a full time, permanent role, applicants from both locations will be considered. The role will be reporting to the Supervisor, Client Account Transfers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Receive and respond to day-to-day inquiries/requests from internal and external sources and escalate issues accordingly;
- Act as a subject matter expert on all transfer related processes;
- Ensure departmental resources are kept current;
- Participate in departmental statistical reporting when required;
- Receive in and deliver out residual balances;
- Set up CDS, DTC and ARROW trades as required;
- Post journal entries;
- Initiate account transfers (ATON in and out; Non-ATON in and out);
- Follow up through phone, fax or email on all incoming outstanding transfers for the sole purpose of bringing in the assets;
- Follow up through phone, fax or email on all outgoing outstanding transfers for the sole purpose of sending out the assets;
- Perform additional responsibilities and project related tasks as required.
- 1 – 3 years administrative and data processing experience, preferably within the brokerage industry;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer service orientated with professional telephone manner;
- Ability to work under high pressure and meet strict deadlines in a busy and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and deal with simultaneous priorities, pressures and deadlines;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Ability to manage escalated situations;
- Willingness to adapt to changing processes and industry regulations;
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Flexibility to work additional hours, if required;
- Familiarity with Dataphile, ARROW, CDS, DTC and FundSERV is an asset;
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems applications.
We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.