Administrative Assistant, Wealth Management
Oakville – Job #5385
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our new location coming soon in Oakville, therefore might entail travelling to our Downtown Toronto branch on occasion in the meantime.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Investment Advisor and Business Development Associate;
- Coordinate business meetings, conferences and travel arrangements;
- Provide high level, priority management and calendar management;
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of business correspondence, presentations, reports and spreadsheets;
- Process expense reports in a timely and accurate manner;
- Maintain various databases, records and other documents;
- Perform general administrative duties;
- Servicing clients with professionalism, efficiency and upholding confidentiality;
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Experience within the banking and or brokerage industry is required;
- Well-rounded knowledge of securities industry is required;
- Completion of CSC and CPH would be an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills complemented by exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to excel under pressure;
- Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.