Institutional Equity Sales, Metals and Mining, Capital Markets
Toronto – Job # 5384
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a looking for a knowledable and dynamic Institutional Equity Sales individual to join our Institutional Equity Sales Team. The ideal candidate will be from capital markets or technical background and have proven experience and understanding of the mining sector.
Skills & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate should be able to function within a team environment and be able to manage the marketing, conference calls, meetings, etc. with corporate clients;
- Liaise closely with the mining research team to refine and present investment ideas to Institutional Investors;
- Develop relationships with institutional portfolio managers and convey investment insights (both written and orally) regarding the mining sector;
- Managing the onboarding of new clients, both institutional and corporate;
- Involved in the preparation of daily mining sales notes and select joint mining research publications;
- Construct and maintain databases, comp tables, and financial models;
- Ensure that client queries are responded to in a prompt and polite manner, so as to maintain the relationship with the client and the reputation of the firm.
- An undergraduate degree in a mining-related discipline is required
- Experience within the mining the sector is highly desirable
- 1-2 years of experience in a Capital Markets environment is a benefit
- A strong understanding of the mining sector and knowledge of industry event impacts on equity valuations
- Excellent communications skills combined with the ability to build and foster relationships across multiple platforms
- Ability to develop new clients through a combination of research and sales techniques
- The ability to function within a dynamic team environment
We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.