International Trade Support, Sales & Trading
Toronto – Job # 5375
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is looking for an enthusiastic person with excellent organizational, communication and computer skills along with the ability to prioritize a complex and busy workload to join our International Trading support team. Please note this position requires early start times.
Skills & qualifications:
- Administration of syndication deals;
- Process and ticket syndication deals through IDEAL;
- Reconciling and settling new issue deals;
- Manage settlement issues with our operations department in Vancouver;
- Assist Traders with processing and confirming client transactions;
- Learn and utilize all aspects of the ACT (automated confirmation transaction service) system;
- Assist balancing inventory positions a daily basis;
- Monitor buy-in activity including submitting intents and executions to clients;
- Perform various administrative duties as requested;
- Participate in projects of varying nature which require input or leadership from the Trading Department.
- Applicant must have extensive settlement experience;
- Applicant must be interested and self-motivated in learning the various aspects of the Trading environment and the systems that support Trading;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented by similar interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Ability to solve and think through new problems as they present themselves in a fast paced trading environment;
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills;
- Minimum 3-4 years administrative experience, preference given to those with financial services industry background;
- Strong MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Good knowledge of CDSX and DTCC processes;
- Familiarity with Canadian and US Buy-in rules;
- Familiarity with Execlear and Dataphile is an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.