Talent Intern (6 month contract), Human Resources
Toronto/Vancouver – Job #5383
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions, and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
We are currently looking for a Talent Intern, who will be responsible for supporting the Talent team through various stages of the recruitment process, while also managing the candidate experience. We are seeking a candidate who has exceptional communication and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment.
This is a full time role for a 6 month contract.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Partner with the Talent Team to compose/update job postings and post jobs (remaining compliant with Canaccord Genuity branding standards) on a variety of platforms;
- Manage candidate pipeline via Applicant Tracking System (CATS); ensuring data remains accurate and up-to-date;
- Screen qualified applicants, and schedule in-person or video-conference interviews for the team;
- Process reference checks for preferred candidates as part of the recruitment process;
- Manage the candidate experience by following-up with internal/external candidates, keeping them informed of the recruitment process;
- Conduct candidate reference checks according to Canaccord Genuity standards;
- Assist with special HR projects as required.
- 1-2 years of administrative and/or recruitment experience, ideally within the financial services industry;
- HR Diploma or bachelor’s degree in related field is an asset;
- Experience with Workday is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with an ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong customer service skills; with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook); with the ability and willingness to learn new applications.