Office Services Administrator - Office Services
Vancouver – Job # 7010
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Office Services Administrator who will be a central point of contact regarding day-to-day operations in support of the business. Department hours are 8am-4pm and position hours are 7am-3pm. The successful incumbent must be willing and able to cover 7am-4pm as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinate outgoing courier requests for local, national, and international deliveries, including inter office; and receive, sign for, and track incoming couriers;
- Record incoming cheques and security certificates and hand-deliver to the Treasury and Securities departments;
- Collect and distribute mail and packages and process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Organize, order, and track office supplies;
- Monitor and distribute incoming faxes;
- Maintain copy paper stock on floors;
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly department deadlines;
- Respond effectively to department related inquires in a friendly and professional manner via telephone, e-mail, and in person;
- Identify, initiate, and participate in process reviews and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise and knowledge of the department functions;
- Assist members of the Office Services team, including Reception and Hospitality, as required;
- Assist with and provide input to special projects as identified by the team and Supervisor.
- Similar experience in a professional office environment;
- Previous experience in customer service;
- Previous experience in hospitality is considered an asset;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Strong and effective communication skills;
- Strong ability to problem-solve and take initiative;
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative and forward-thinking approach to process and role development and improvement;
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the aptitude for tracking and efficiently completing multiple tasks with extreme accuracy;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, & Word).
We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.