Motion Graphics Designer, Wealth Management
Toronto – Job # 5379
Who We Are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in wealth management and capital markets. We are the #1 independent wealth management firm in Canada, and are the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions to meet their goals.
CG’s culture is dynamic and unique in the financial services space. We are a lean, entrepreneurial, and collaborative which fosters a meritocratic environment where everyone has a voice. Our teams operate in a fast-paced, agile environment which allows everyone to have direct impact on the business. We attract creative thinkers who love constantly rethinking how to elevate the status quo.
We recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Overview of Role:
The successful candidate will be highly creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated, positive-minded, and organized, with an excellent understanding of spatial awareness, typography, and design, while understanding branding and producing high quality content that is on brand and delivered on time. In addition, you will demonstrate excellent communication skills, as you will be required to build strong partnerships with CGWM Investment Advisors and their teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Create social media content which may include static, video, motion graphics posts for various social media platforms;
- Create digital designs across different platforms including website; email; and internal communications ensuring brand consistency throughout;
- Animate and edit a variety of short video projects, from education to explainer videos;
- Work with creative briefs to generate ideas and concepts for videos;
- Design 2D vector graphics and animate in After Effects;
- Produce and source various creative elements for animated video, from the initial storyboard to the final deliverable;
- Assist with other graphic design tasks as needed.
- 3+ years experience creating digital designs for various platforms and social channels;
- Organized with excellent time-management and project management skills;
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment;
- Up-to-date on digital design best practices;
- Experienced creating motion graphics, video and audio editing;
- Strong graphic design foundation skills in typography and layout; illustration skill is a bonus;
- Exceptional visual storytelling skills, able to communicate through design and engage audience;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and visual);
- Presentation design experience is not required, but is nice to have;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign);
- 2D animation skills;
- Bachelor’s degree, or College Diploma in Design / Fine Arts or related field.
We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.