Corporate Actions Administrator, Corporate Actions
Vancouver – Job # 3961
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an organized, detailed and deadline-oriented individual to join our Corporate Actions Team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Timely collection of Warrant exercise instructions from Investment Advisors and their Assistants.
- Communicating with Issuers (Legal Counsels) and Transfer Agents.
- Preparation of wire transfers to Issuers or their Legal Counsels.
- Processing physical Warrant exercises, expirations and supporting Reorg in accordance with department procedure.
- Maintain issuing company information and schedule of Warrant expiries.
- Understand risk and exposure around stock record, WT exercise and event processing.
- Perform timely break management of allocated stock and cash breaks.
- Respond to inquiries regarding outstanding Warrant exercises.
- Contact issuers on outstanding securities not received, resulting from Warrant exercises and Corporate Events according to company policy.
- Create spreadsheets, business correspondence and other various documents to assist with Corporate Action processes.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of security industry experience.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines is essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and within a team (team player perspective is key).
- Hard-working, positive, dedicated and prepared to work overtime when necessary.
- Strong level of MS Outlook, Excel and Word required.
- Familiarity with DATAPHILE is an advantage.
We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.