Risk Analyst, Enterprise Risk Management
Toronto – Job #5374
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions, and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Risk Analyst to join the Enterprise Risk Management team.
Skills & Qualifications
- Perform daily regulatory capital and inventory reporting to monitor daily activity across all business lines;
- Perform risk reporting on outstanding credit exposure, warrant exercise, corporate finance positions, etc.;
- Assist in the development of the quarterly Enterprise Risk Management reporting package;
- Perform counterparty risk assessment to satisfy IIROC Electronic Trading Rule requirements;
- Assist in maintaining and improving Trading and Credit Risk Management policies, procedures and reporting;
- Establish solid cross-functional partnerships and networks to execute business initiatives;
- Develop and implement quality control and efficiency measures in data sources and processes;
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and risk management projects and initiatives as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Math or Engineering;
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a medium or large financial services organization;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with Visual Basic for Application (VBA) and SQL required;
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, complemented by strong written and oral communication skills, are required;
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills with a great attention to detail;
- Ability to function in a fast paced, dynamic work environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple projects independently and meet strict deadlines;
- Professional team player with the ability to work independently;
- Pursuit of the CFA and/or FRM designation would be an asset;
- Strong interest in risk management with a proactive and positive attitude;
- Previous experience with equity and/or fixed income trading would be an asset;
- Experience with VaR, advanced financial modelling and statistical models would be an asset;
- Experience with counterparty risk measurement and management would be an asset;
- Experience with the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) regulatory capital requirements and/or Basel II/III regulatory capital requirements would be an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.