Business Analyst, IT
Vancouver – Job # 3999
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG)
is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions, and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Business Analyst to join our IT Department for a full-time, permanent role. This role requires a dynamic individual who is highly skilled in elicitation of business requirements along with working through the planning, design, testing and implementation stages of system changes, working with internal business stakeholders, IT specialists and 3rd party vendors.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, task and workflow analysis;
- Write requirements specifications for internal and external development teams utilizing standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly and concisely;
- Perform requirements analysis and verification to ensure requirement statements are complete, consistent, traceable, feasible, verifiable and that they conform to standards;
- Prepare test plans and document test scripts for validating that developed solutions accurately address identified requirements;
- Provide subject matter expertise and Tier 3 support for one or more systems;
- Capture and document operation’s transition plans for post-implementation of a solution;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience;
- Ability to elicit, structure, document and validate business requirements;
- Post-secondary education/certification in business-related or technical disciplines;
- High proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Experience with SQL;
- Skilled in business process redesign, with complex business models and technology;
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts;
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment, with the ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects at a time;
- Experience with Dataphile an asset.