Head of Talent Acquisition, Human Resources
Toronto – Job # 3993
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage, and investment banking services. We are the leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, tailored solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior outcomes for our clients. At CG we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the team:
At CG our people and culture are at the heart of our success. Our team is passionate about hiring great people and helps keep employees supported, growing, and learning, so they can perform to the best of their ability. If you are a seasoned and hands-on Talent Acquisition Leader who thrives on thinking outside of the box, delivering new solutions, and supporting exceptional candidate and employee experiences, this is an exciting time to join our HR team - we are on a journey to modernize the way we work and lead strategies to strengthen our People programs & initiatives.
About the role:
The Head of Talent Acquisition
will partner closely with the business and lead a team of hardworking Talent Acquisition Specialists to build and execute effective hiring strategies and market a recruitment brand that attracts top talent. They will continuously evolve our recruiting practices to ensure we are providing an exceptional candidate experience and contributing to the achievement of business objectives. They will also play a key role in leading and executing talent programs and projects such as onboarding, Diversity & Inclusion recruitment strategies, and the development of an on-campus presence with key educational institutions.
- Head of Talent Acquisition operations and oversee members of the Talent Acquisition team, including guidance, career development, engagement, and coaching;
- Partner with managers to gain understanding of hiring goals and job requirements and develop sourcing strategies to identify and attract the right talent;
- Create and evolve talent acquisition strategies for a range of talent segments including the proactive creation of candidate pipelines for key roles and continuous assessment of outcomes and progress;
- Manage senior recruitment activity by advising hiring managers, representing our talent brand and online presence, and ensuring an outstanding talent acquisition experience at every stage;
- Build strong relationships across the business and with external stakeholders including establishing campus presence;
- Plan and attend networking events, campus career events, and in-house recruitment events;
- Evolve and partner with external vendors and agency partners;
- Capture stakeholder feedback to drive an exceptional hiring manager and candidate experience;
- Assess recruiting technology, channels, processes, and programs and recommend changes and improvements promoting efficiencies and streamlining;
- Monitor, track, and report on recruiting metrics including quantity, quality, time-to-fill, and costs and keep abreast of market and talent trends and issues and provide updates to leadership;
- Ideate and implement employer branding programs and initiatives including recruitment campaigns;
- Drive and evolve our internal referral program and onboarding experience;
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System including decision-making on changes and updates.
- To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations;
- A completed Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated success and expertise leading a recruitment function;
- Experience coaching and developing team members;
- Knowledge of Workday a strong asset;
- Experience in Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets industries a strong asset;
- Action-oriented with a strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence;
- Ability to lead and drive multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced and complex environment;
- Strong leadership, relationship development, and influencing skills;
- Clear and compelling communication style including ability to lead communications in various settings such as meetings, document development, internal & external communications, and presentations;
- Knowledge of relevant employment standards and legislation;
- Ability to operate on both macro and micro issues;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail;
- Proactive in evaluating practices and bringing new ideas to the table;
- Experience with diversity & inclusion recruitment initiatives;
- Passion for recruiting and creating an exceptional candidate and onboarding experience;
- Proficiency working in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.