People Analytics & Insights Lead, Human Resources
Toronto – Job # 3992
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage, and investment banking services. We are the leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, tailored solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior outcomes for our clients. At CG we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the team:
At CG our people and culture are at the heart of our success. Our team is passionate about hiring great people and helps keep employees supported, growing, and learning, so they can perform to the best of their ability. If you are passionate about people, have a knack for compiling and distilling data, thrive on delivering new insights and supporting exceptional employee experiences, this is an exciting time to join our team - we are on a journey to modernize the way we work and lead strategies to strengthen our People programs & initiatives.
About the role:
The People Analytics & Insights Lead will be responsible for managing the development, delivery, and execution of People reports, dashboards, and insights by applying data and analytics skills to improve our tracking of key metrics and help measure the success of our People strategy. This role will provide data-driven insights to leaders in a clear way that influences and inspires action. They will build and maintain relationships both within HR as well as with key business stakeholders. They will research external trends and industry benchmarks, make recommendations, and participate in special projects and initiatives.
- Manage the delivery of People analytics and insights by compiling and analyzing workforce and program data (eg headcount, turnover, hires, promotions, diversity, exit interviews, workforce planning, engagement) and designing, building and sharing key reports (eg People Metrics dashboards, Trend Reports);
- Ensure a high degree of data integrity and accuracy;
- Prepare executive-level data visualizations and presentations to convey a meaningful story and actionable insights to business partners on topics impacting the talent lifecycle;
- Identify opportunities for process streamlining and improvements;
- Translate data into clear narratives with recommendations to help enhance CG’s data-driven decision-making capabilities and achievement of business objectives;
- Collaborate and build effective relationships including providing People insight consultative services to HR team members and business leaders;
- Support managers and HR colleagues in interpreting and understanding data to help them lead, work, and organize in a way that brings out the best in people while developing the business;
- Drive key initiatives and projects including identifying key concerns, opportunities, and priorities and developing plans;
- Contribute to identifying HR calendar of events outlining strategic HR programs/projects and monitoring progress including initiatives stemming from employee engagement survey feedback.
- To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations;
- A completed Bachelor’s degree;
- 3+ years’ experience in analytics and report creation;
- Expert proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint;
- Ability to create executive-level presentations;
- Ability to disseminate trends and patterns from a large set of data;
- Knowledge of Workday a strong asset;
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, resourceful, and analytical;
- Experience in Wealth Management and/or Capital Markets industries a strong asset;
- Action-oriented with a strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence;
- Strong ability to collaborate across teams and levels;
- Ability to manage with sensitivity highly confidential information.