Vice President / Associate, Investment Banking, Investment Banking
Calgary – Job 4119
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp. provides investment banking services focused largely on equity underwriting and corporate finance advisory services to a range of private and public companies across various sectors and is currently looking for a Vice President or Associate, Investment Banking to join our Energy & Sustainability Investment Banking team in Calgary.
- Perform detailed financial modeling and valuation analysis of private and public companies;
- Research and analyze company financial statements, industry, and market data;
- Prepare client presentations and documents;
- Support transaction teams in the execution of corporate finance and advisory transactions;
- Financing transactions (primarily equity as well as other financial instruments);
- Assist Investment Banking professional team with new business development, maintaining client coverage and executing corporate finance and advisory transactions;
- Advisory transactions (i.e. mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, valuation and other financial advisory assignments);
- Communicate and present clear and concise, analytically-driven insights / recommendations;
- Oversee the quantitative development of supporting analyses, quality of all investment banking project materials, and work with senior management to expand market reach, project direction and expertise in the field;
- Analyze market, financial situation and position of client companies and competitors.
For Vice President level, in addition to above responsibilities;
Skills & Qualifications:
- Keep the coverage team apprised of any material industry and market updates that concern our clients;
- Develop and maintain relationships and communicate with the appropriate contact at the client to identify their business needs;
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as legal and technical advisors and auditors;
- Effectively manage Analysts and Associates, delegating and reviewing their work as well as creating a culture of collaboration in the team.
- 2-5 years of experience in an investment banking role, (experience within Energy, Sustainability or M&A groups highly preferred), private equity or similar field within an energy company or sustainability company;
- Mix of financial and technical background in engineering and geology will be viewed favorably;
- Relevant business related university degree and/or CA or CFA;
- Strong data modelling and analysis skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with well-developed presentation skills;
- Knowledge of energy and sustainability information and data marketplace;
- Comprehensive understanding of Canadian crude oil characteristics, infrastructure, pricing, and trading;
- Ability to synthesize company and market related information and understand key business drivers;
- Ability to translate statistical and analytical results into clear written and verbal communication;
- Strong business acumen with excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication;
- Ability to be part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting and exceeding deadlines;
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive. Energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and financial software (i.e. Bloomberg or other).
For Vice President level, in addition to above skills & qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in energy and/or sustainability investment banking; relevant experience in strategic advisory, including mergers and acquisitions is preferable;
- Completion of a CA, CFA and/or MBA along with a detailed working knowledge of the energy and/or sustainability sector preferred.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.