Research Intern (4-month contract), Research
Toronto – Job # 5368
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently seeking a dynamic student with a passion for public markets to join the Toronto equity research team for a winter internship / co-op placement. The successful candidate will be exposed to all aspects of equity research with a view to expanding their existing financial modelling, writing and presentation skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Conduct company, industry and macro analysis;
- Generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases;
- Assist in the writing of research reports;
- Miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Solid understanding of financial statements and their interaction;
- Solid understanding of financial modeling and valuation analysis;
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets;
- Superior / Advanced Excel skills (must be proficient with Pivot Tables and V-Lookup; VBA an asset);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining very strong attention to detail;
- Previous experience in equity research, investment banking or private equity an asset;
- Willingness to work long hours under deadline pressure and to show initiative.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.