Human Resources Advisor (Contract), Human Resources
Vancouver – Job #3987
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East. To us there are no foreign markets. ™
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our Vancouver team to support our Corporate Services division.
This is a full time, contractual role for 12-18 months.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proactively build strong business relationship with business unit heads, managers, and employees;
- Propose and promote policy and procedural changes where necessary to support business unit’s alignment with departmental needs and company goals/targets;
- Respond to general inquiries from employees and managers, in a timely fashion, to ensure HR processes and policies are adhered to;
- Onboard new employees, including follow up to ensure engagement and successful onboarding and integration;
- Work closely with Recruitment and Training to promote manager and employee engagement;
- Assist with conflict management, employee grievance proceedings, and terminations;
- Educate employees and managers on Canaccord Genuity’s performance management process and other HR programs;
- Prepare complex offer letter agreements which require diligent follow-up;
- Ensure that all employee deadlines are met, required paperwork is received and all communication to employees and managers is relayed in a timely manner;
- Submit relevant information to Payroll and Benefits to ensure salary and benefits payments are processed in a timely manner;
- Administer and process new hire, change/transfer, departure packages, compensation changes, vacation eligibility, etc;
- Maintain and update HRIS to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date;
- Perform additional ad-hoc HR duties.
- Minimum 3 years of HR generalist experience in a high-volume medium/large organization, preferably in the financial services industry;
- CPHR Designation an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of urgency, meet deadlines & work under pressure with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills;
- Sound knowledge of HR practices, policies, and standards, with an understanding of confidentiality and protocol;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work strategically;
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to multiple and competing priorities;
- The ability to demonstrate confidentiality and discretion;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, complemented by excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills;
- Strong team focus and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a group setting;
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems applications; previous WorkDay experience an asset.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS;
- Bilingual in French would be advantageous.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.