Registered Plans Associate (Contract), Registered Plans
Vancouver/Toronto – Job # 3986
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
This is a full time, contractual role for minimum 6 months.
Skills / Qualifications
- Process a variety of registered plans related transactions in a timely and efficient manner;
- Provide first-line support to Investment Advisors and their assistants with regards to registered plan inquiries, ensuring proper information is being communicated and relevant policies and procedures are followed;
- Complete all transactions and record keeping functions with attention to detail and accuracy so to meet all audit requirements;
- Maintain current knowledge of registered plans rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to transaction processing, to ensure compliance in all areas of responsibility;
- Assist with special registered plan projects as required.
- 2-3 years administrative work experience, preferably in the financial industry;
- Knowledge of Canadian registered retirement plans, and a minimum of 1-year related working experience, or relevant education in the financial or investment services industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word) and typing speed of 40w/min;
- Strong attention to detail, good analytical skills and time management;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Strong problem-solving abilities and sound judgement.