Investment Advisor Assistant (L), Wealth Management
Calgary – Job # 4118
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented individual to join our Wealth Management team in Calgary. The Wealth Management team is focused on helping quality people meet and exceed their financial goals. The team offers a comprehensive approach to wealth planning for high-net-worth families and individuals. It provides a full suite of financial products and services that integrates sophisticated financial planning, efficient tax structuring, and multi-faceted portfolio management.
- Join a top team at an independent Wealth Management firm;
- This role will work directly with a highly experienced team led by three Senior Financial Advisors;
- It is a team of eight and growing;
- They work with high-net-worth clients and families;
- This role will be a client facing position on a daily basis. The successful candidate will open accounts, follow up on client functions, cover for a trader if necessary (not common as they do not actively trade daily, and have others who can cover if necessary), create and coordinate paperwork, take on onboarding, work with the EA to coordinate events and client gifts, track and report information via team Customer Relationship Management platform;
- The team is seeking a talented individual who wants to be part of an enthusiastic and energetic work environment, is eager to learn, and comfortable working with all levels of professionals and personality types.
- Assist in preparing advisors for client meetings, including preparation of account opening documentation and supporting information as required;
- Account processing (converting RRSP to RRIF, setting up RRIF payments, estates, beneficiary updates, etc.);
- Process a variety of transactions (ex: issuing cheques, deposits, contributions and withdrawals, incoming and outgoing transfers);
- Work with team on client projects;
- Assist with execution of marketing initiatives;
- Research industry related information from a variety of sources as requested by advisor;
- Keep abreast of policy and procedure changes within the firm and industry;
- Commit to rigorous follow up relating to all client transactions to ensure proper processing and minimize errors;
- Maintain client files, ensure that all documentation and notes are compliant with industry regulations;
- Acts as a resource person for clients (ex: generating specialized reports, questions about specific products);
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study;
- Minimum of three years’ industry experience, preferably in an administrative or operational capacity;
- Registered as an Investment Representative with IIROC;
- Professional designation such as PFP or CFP considered an asset;
- Fulfill Continuing Education requirements.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliable, consistent work ethic;
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs;
- Excellent attitude and committed to providing extraordinary service;
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.