Receptionist (12 – 18 month contract), Office Services
Toronto – Job # 5365
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Receptionist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, with previous reception experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Handle incoming calls on a high-volume multi-line switchboard;
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of individual common kitchens;
- Set-up, serve and maintain boardrooms for catered meetings;
- Track and review ordering and spend with Manager;
- Collect and distribute mail and packages;
- Record the date of receipt, name of the sender, and location of the receiver;
- Sort the mails or packages according to locations or departments;
- Deliver mails to departments and to individuals within the organization and collect mails to be sent out;
- Pick-up and process incoming and outgoing couriers;
- Maintain accurate records of all couriers sent from or received by Office Services;
- Respond effectively to all inquiries from clients, couriers and employees in a friendly and professional manner;
- Process invoices and perform additional administrative duties as required;
- Assist other members of the Office Services team as required.
- 2-3 years working in a similar role – ideally as a Receptionist in a hospitality and catering environment would be an asset;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel);
- Detail oriented, professional, polished, corporate presentation;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative;
- Flexible and willing to assist with other team members.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.