Associate, Business Application Support and Training - IT
Vancouver – Job # 5364
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Associate, Business Applications Support and Training (BAST). Reporting to the Program Manager, BAST, the associate is responsible for the training and ongoing support of various business applications such as: CRMs, financial planning, portfolio management, deal management, research distribution, and order management.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner who is curious and enjoys sharing knowledge. This role requires a dynamic detail-oriented individual who can work efficiently in fast-paced, lively environments. The Associate builds and maintains relationships across multiple geographies and disciplines, including retail and institutional sales, trading, research, IT and vendors. Effective support to the user community relies on the ability to see how information and business processes in various disciplines harmonize in broader contexts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Deliver training and demonstrations for new/prospective hires, application rollouts and refresher sessions on business applications in one-on-one and group settings;
- Provide support for business applications by: offering on-demand assistance and solutions to inquiries from application users, administering the applications, troubleshooting; and maintaining data quality;
- Create and maintain training materials such as user guides and online tutorials;
- Generate and maintain reports on application content and usage on a regular and ad-hoc basis;
- Report/track bugs and requests for application enhancements;
- Quality assurance and regression testing of application upgrades, enhancements and bug fixes;
- Special projects as necessary.
- University Degree or post-secondary accreditations that would contribute to the role;
- Aptitude for technology to master how various applications work and the processes behind the applications;
- Ability to understand technical concepts and translate them into practical processes by taking a contextual approach to learning the applications and their challenges;
- Resourceful, logical and analytical thinker to troubleshoot and resolve issues;
- Positive professionalism with clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal, with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience training end users on software in both group and one-on-one settings, in-person or remotely;
- Service-oriented with superior organization and follow-up skills;
- Demonstrate both independent initiative and the ability to excel in flexible, team-based environments;
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and its operational processes and tools;
- Experience in CRMs, deal management, order management, and especially financial planning, technologies would be a definite asset;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.