Investment Advisor Assistant (Licensed) - Wealth Management
Toronto – Job # 5350
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an energetic, detailed and organized individual to join our Wealth Management team in Toronto. The successful candidate’s role will support a team of Investment Advisors in establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working directly with a team of Investment Advisors where the focus is on client relationships and building a sustainable wealth management business;
- Assist Investment Advisors with processing and confirming client transactions;
- Deal directly with all clients, provide quotes and execute trading orders;
- Maintain account lists and compile statistical information and reports;
- Process and follow-up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts;
- Assist with servicing existing clients;
- Involvement in developing the wealth business using various marketing initiatives;
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
- Completion of CSC, CPH and licensed with IIROC required;
- 1-3 years of related experience, with a well-rounded knowledge of the securities industry;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and multi-task;
- Ability to work independently, and effectively with employees and clients at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills: good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Knowledge of Dataphile an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.