Corporate Finance Accounting Assistant, Corporate Finance Accounting
Toronto – Job #5361
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking an enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance Accounting team. The successful incumbent must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Skills & Qualifications
- Create receivable estimate upon closing of all non-lead deals; this includes
- Finding data from a variety of sources; term sheets, prospectuses, iDeal, liaising with Canaccord syndication contact and lead syndicate member;
- Providing (& where needed, liaising with) Vancouver with all new deal estimates
- Maintain and distribute timetable for deal closings
- Provide the operations with proper deal account numbers for each incoming cheque from lead.
- Prepare a deposit sheet allocating the incoming funds to correct Dataphile accounts in case of incoming wires.
- Generate management/interim and final cash collections sheets using payment information provided by lead, liaising with the syndication teams, utilizing term sheets, prospectuses;
- Balance amount paid with current credit/debit in Dataphile and AX;
- Process cash collections journals in AX;
- Prepare detailed expense requests and send to lead broker when they are requested from lead;
- Assist in the preparation of month end reports (Approval E-mail, Consolidated Report);
- Create and maintain hard files on deals where Canaccord is lead;
- Assist in the preparation of statements for commission distributions on Canaccord lead deals.
- College diploma with emphasis on accounting;
- Minimum 1 year work experience in an accounting office environment;
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications - Windows, MS Office, Excel;
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading;
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and have excellent communication skills;
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.