Associate, Research – Metals & Mining, Research
Toronto– Job # 5360
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a motivated team player who would be willing to work long hours if required as an Associate with our Research – Metals & Mining team in Toronto.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide research support to the Research Analyst;
- Conduct company, industry and macro-economic research;
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases;
- Develop and maintain complex financial models;
- Assist with coordinating quarterly reporting initiatives;
- Support and answer client queries;
- Assist with special projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned.
- Direct experience with and a solid understanding of financial modeling, valuation analysis, statistical analysis, and portfolio management;
- Expert Excel and Bloomberg skills;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to create high-quality deliverables while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solid work ethic with a demonstrated ability to work long hours and to be flexible
- Experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting or Public Accounting is preferred, particularly with exposure to the Mining Industry. Candidates with experience in metals trading will also be considered.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Upon offer, candidates are required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.